Do you want to improve your photography portraits? You can improve your portrait photography skills with these few simple tricks. Portraits are all about making your subject look amazing; sharp, focused and flattering.
Here are five photography tips for great portraits:
1. Focus on the eyes - the eye closed to the camera
2. Use a shallow depth of field - low fstop
3. Relax your subject! – having your portrait taken can be scary! They may not be used to being infront of the camera
4. If you aren’t shooting a full-length portrait, crop your subject at a joint (elbow, waist, etc.)
5. Avoid cluttered backgrounds - low fstop, getting close to minimum focus distance and a long lens can help this
Bonus portrait photography tip!
Check out issue 2 of our Photomappers magazine. www.photomappers.com/issue2/ It's a free, online photography magazine based on portrait photography. Improve your photography. Instantly.